I only have 7 more blocks to do and none of them look too hard and then I can start laying all of the blocks out and putting on sashing and cutting cornerstones. My daughter Emily said I should remind you all that these blocks are 6" finished. The doozy has 182 pieces in 6 1/2 inches. It took me several hours to make and that's why I kept the fabric simple...so much going on with it.
We didn't get the "ice" that a lot of southern Oklahoma got. We got more of a sleet than ice which is better because there is a bit more traction. I do think that we have around 10" of snow though. Jay shoveled snow on and off all day yesterday. Also we never lost electricity, thank God! It is very cold here today though, 19 degrees right now and not expected to get high than 25F. Brrrrrr!!!!
Okay, I'm headed back down to my NI room....lol Later!
Ranette




15 comments :
Wow! The blocks are great and how exciting to be down to just a few left!!!
wonderful blocks! glad you didn't get heavy ice. We didn't either, and had about a 1/4 inch of ice before it changed to sleet and then snow - I think we ended up with about 6 inches of snow - it looks beautiful and will need to get out and get photos. It will stay cold here today as well.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/
You go girl!!!!
Those look fantastic, I love all your fabric choices, again.
Get going, I want to see your finish. Mine are scheduled to be done at the end of the year.
Beautiful! It's so exciting that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have really enjoyed seeing your progress.
Wow! That is a doozy. You're going to have a gorgeous red and white quilt when you're done, though!
OMG, it has to be that first block with all those hst's......I give you a lot of credit for sticking with this project. Good luck!!!
Peggy in NJ
I am amazed by that block! Just can't imagine cutting it, let alone sewing it. These are truly beautiful though. Love the red and white.
I didn't realize the blocks were so small. You are truly patient. There is no way I would ever attempt a block like that.
I'm so glad you kept your electricity on. Us too. We got around 8 inches of snow. It's so beautiful this today. I had fun yesterday in my sewing room and outside.
Those look fabulous. You are reaching the point where I sometimes run out of steam. I have so enjoyed seeing the blocks as you finish them.
We got about 5 - 6 inches on top of a lot of ice. The "bad" line of ice stopped just south of us - we got lucky. Husband is out shoveling ice, right now. I just saw some sunlight! yeah! February is on the way.
Those blocks are amazing....and all of them look kinda hard but I would guess the middle one.
that block is freakin' insane - i MEAN IT!!! what kind of nutcase thought it up in the first place?!?
seriously! the designer had to have some serious issues that could only be resolved by making everybody else crazy, too ... and now i think i will go search on said designer and find out if she/he now resides in a funny farm
More red & white blocks. I think #2 was the doozy.
Beautiful blocks. That 182 piece one is a doozy!!!! Anyone who can fit 182 pieces of fabric into 6 1/2 inches and make it look beautiful is a master!!!
What is next??? If you start Just Plain Nuts......I will join you!!!!!
Just beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished project. I just love it, love it, love it!
Debbie
ouroldhomestead.blogspot.com
A few HST are cute and distinctive. The number of HST in that block are outrageous! Putting 182 pieces into a 6-1/2" block should be illegal.
The blocks look great. Love your fabric choices.
Being so close to the end is exciting, isn't it?
Post a Comment