Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A gift from a friend....

 

My favorite flowers are Hydrangeas. I love them I think because they remind me of my Grandma Verna, a very fun loving grandma to be sure! Well this morning I woke up to a wonderful bunch of hydrangeas on my front porch. My friend Kathy (no blog) picked these yesterday at her Dad's home in Tulsa and she was kind enough to give me a bouquet. Thank you Kathy, I love them!

On the quilty front, I did get a quilt top put together last night. Still have to add borders and get the back ready. I'll post a picture when we get back from Emily's on Friday. I'm hoping to get to 2 of my all time favorite quilt shops, Harper's and Sarah's....

See you on Friday!

5 comments :

Carrie P. said...

I love Hydrangeas too. I have an Oak Leaf hydrangea which has white flowers blooming now.

Cyn said...

Hydrangeas are one of my faves, too. My G'ma used to throw old nails behind her big plant -- she said as they rusted, they would turn the flowers very blue. I don't know about that, but hers were always very deep blue!
Hugs,
/;-)

Kara & Jacob said...

i miss you a lot already :-/

Anonymous said...

These do remind me of Grandma!! What a lovely friend you have....I wonder if they would grow well here..hmmm something to ponder on.

Pamela

Kaaren said...

I love to cut and dry hydrangeas. Then I can admire them all winter and they look so vintage that way.