Sunday, June 28, 2009

A couple more NI blocks done....

This block wasn't too hard, thank goodness because the next photo shows my personal block from "you know where".

 

 
I don't know why this block was so hard, but I've probably worked on it for over 6 hours yesterday and today. As best as I can tell, 3 of the pieces from the NI EQ6 paper piecing pattern were flipped. Why...I don't know and for some reason I just could not work this one out easily! Finally last night after messing around with it for hours, I walked away and watched a movie. The Shopaholic movie as a matter of fact...very cute and enjoyable...when that was over I looked at the block again and FINALLY I could see what needed to be ripped off and sewn on to the other side. It will look better when I have all of the paper off and the little tiny threads cleaned up, I hope! I'm not doing it over that's for sure...lol So I think I made 5 blocks this weekend and I'm still handpiecing another one. Woohoo I'm making progress.

I got a wonderful surprise in today's mail all the way from Germany! It's from my Pincushion Swap partner...Bea from Capricorn Quilts

 

Would you look at the wonderful goodies that Bea sent!!! The cutest little suitcase pincushion with a quilty luggage tag & travel stickers on it, a small sweet little pincushion, a quilters pin, beautiful embroidery floss and a stitch project and a pretty fatquarter! Thank you Bea, I love everything!

Well I'm going to try to get another NI block done this afternoon and finish prepping the le moyne star which is coming along okay I guess. Maybe I'll be able to show a picture of it tomorrow.

4 comments :

Kay said...

Beautiful blocks!

Anonymous said...

There is NI EQ stuff out there!!?? Wow. That would make things easier.

If you want to check out more red & white NIs check out:
http://nearlyinsanequilts.blogspot.com/
and
http://fitquilter.blogspot.com/

antique quilter said...

oh they look beautiful
yes some of these blocks take me HOURS to make as well!
what a great package of goodies, what a wonderful surprise.
Kathie

Marjolijn said...

This is the first time I visit your blog (thanks to the antiquequiltclub) but it won't be the last, that't for sure! You like red, that I can see. What a lovely NI blocks you have made. I started with Thimbleberries but now I think I will start again just with reds.
Bye, Marjolijn from the Netherlands.