Thursday, August 6, 2009

My favorite flowers....

are Pink Ladies or n**k*d ladies (that's so I don't come up on the pervert searches). I love them! They are so tall and dignified (something I'm not...lol).
Problem is they only bloom for a week or so in August, usually at the beginning.

 

Here's another picture

 

These pictures do not really do them justice because the color is much prettier in real life. On to quilty stuff.
I finally got my Antique Quilt all caught up. Yeah!

 

Also since I'm going to be out-of-town for a few days next week and then again for a couple of days the next, my sister went ahead and sent me my birthday present.
Oh My Gosh .... I LOVE this fabric....can you believe that Pam ordered this for me off of the Glorious Color website!

 
Isn't it beautiful?!?! And here's the Kaffe Fassett pattern that all of that fabric is for(sorry about the flash)

 

Pamela is the best sister in the whole wide world. Thank you Pam!!!

Emily is home for a few days, so I'm enjoying being with her and I am getting a little bit of sewing done. The pies and tarts quilt is coming along nicely and I'll post a picture in a few days. Still no sugar...this is day 7 and I still crave the heck out of it, but I'm not going to give in. I didn't really realize how much I pacify myself with sweets. I can tell that I'm feeling better and that's a good thing. Well back up to the sewing room I go...

Enjoy the day!

9 comments :

katrien said...

Your block is already very nice,the colors are a bit same of mines.
Love the Kaffe Fassett fabrics also.

Renate Bischoff said...

Ranette,
your center block is so beautiful, I love the soft colors!! Great!!!
And I like Kaffe Fassett too. There are several books in my shelf. And I met him twice. Very inspiring!
Renate

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have got a few of those flowers too, only 6 of them but they are pretty.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

dianne said...

those are lovely flowers - and i am beginning to think that your very most favorite flower is the one that is blooming ... i've been keeping track and, so far, your favorite flowers have been peonies, roses, hydrangeas, and n@ked l@dies ...... the Kaffe Fassett pattern and those fabrics are gor-GEE-ous!
and, since i don't know exactly when it is - happy birthday to you!

Unknown said...

love your quilt and the n*k*d ladies, great idea not to actually spell it out. lol what a great sister, sending you that lovely fabric.

Miriam said...

Ohh your AQ looks great!

What a wonderful birthday present your sister sent you. Beautiful colours.

I think we have Pink Ladies here in Australia too, but I know them as Belladonna Lillies. Mine don't have the frilly edged petals yours have...beautiful and so dainty!

Wow....a week without sugar! How do you do it???

Kaaren said...

Your antique quilt is awesome, Ranette!

Oh, and your Pink Ladies? Beautiful!

Lindsey said...

Ranette,
Your flowers are beautiful...and they are "quality" things as well!
LOVE LOVE LOVE that Kaffe quilt and fabrics from your sister...oddly enough I did the "S" quilt from Kaffe (for my sister) and received that same lovely package but in yellows. You're going to love it!!!! Can't wait to see it....
Also, no sugar...I'm so proud of you...would love to know you started on that...I must have missed a few of your posts while out of town...I'll read back.
Have a great day!
Lindsey

Carrie P. said...

Neat flower. Someone else whose blog I follow is doing the antique quilt too.