The top photo is the 8th block from the flower baskets quilt bom that I've been making for my Mom. I've posted about them before so you can look back and see the link if you want to. I think I've only got 3 more baskets to make, but I'm not sure. The colors are very vibrant and I am doing the buttonhole stitch method of applique with mostly silk thread.
The second picture is my Diawabo Houses from Pinwheels in New York. As you can see I'm almost finished. Next month is the last shipment and it's the borders. This is a totally different kind of quilt than I usually do, but I've had so much fun with the Diawabo fabrics. They are so hard to find around here, so I accumulated a small stash last year at the Road2California Quilt Show. That's where I signed up for this BOM as well.
Today was another snow day for the kids and we decided it was best not to open the store this morning. That way nobody can slip and fall and break who knows what in the parking lot. Business would be slow anyway. The only problem is that my paycheck will be small and that means the fabric budget suffers...lol I'll keep finishing up stuff here then!
When you have a "free" day are you stingy with your time. I am getting things done around the house, but I make a deal with myself that I'll work for 30 minutes and then sew for an hour. Sounds fair to me, right?!?!
Well my break is over....back to the salt mines, I mean sewing machine! ;o)

1 comment :
That taupe quilt is wonderful. I like all your work.
Post a Comment