Sunday, November 16, 2008

Stomach flu

Yup...you guessed it...I got sick too! Very sick, violently sick...I came down with it on Thursday afternoon, Kara came down with it in the night Thursday night and I got a call from Jay Friday night and he had it as well. He left Thursday for a week in Mexico (it's a work thing & I could have gone) so he's been stuck in his suite feeling like crap.

I didn't start to feel human again until midday Saturday. I couldn't even do any handwork and I never just do nothing. I was so mad at myself because I had my quilting projects all lined up to work on while hubby was away. I did get to work on one little project yesterday afternoon and here's a little sneak peek...



It's just a little quilt so hopefully I'll finish putting it together today. I painted on the doors and windows which is something I've never done before. The pattern is riddled with mistakes, doesn't that just irritate the snot out of you?!?

Oh also other big news here...I received my SSCS present on Friday. I was too sick then to even give it any thought, but since I've been feeling better it's really been tempting me to open it. I now know that my secret santa is Linda Mengo from Italy...how exciting is that? Oh it just dawned on me that I can go to her blog and get to know her, Yeah! Here is a picture of my box



I'm going to try really hard not to open it until Christmas ;o) Anyway Thank you very much Linda, I'm sure that I will love what you made.

Have a great Sunday everyone! Remember, This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!!! (Psalm 118:24)

5 comments :

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. There is so much crud going around.

You have more willpower than me. I would have opened that package already! Christmas will be here before you know it!

Elly D said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick but glad you're on the mend now.
I had to laugh at your remark about the pattern having mistakes,,, at the moment I don't need a pattern for doing that! I'm full of cold so my heads full of mistakes, lol.
I passed by yesterday and meant to drop a comment on your DD's lovely quilt. It's so soft and pretty.
But I got sidetracked, as you do, by your link to Old Red Barn Door. Don't you just love the adventure of blog hopping!
Cheers for paying me a visit:)bunny hugs Elly

Elly D said...

Forgot to say how much I love your blog decoration. How did you do that? (Christmassy bits at side)

Teodo said...

Ranette I'm sorry for the flu but I'm happy that you now feel better.

I'm happy also because you received the SSCS so now I can put comments on your blog.
ciao ciao from Italy

Chookyblue...... said...

I am sure you will be able to survive til Christmas day to open your present with the rest of us.......pleased your better now........