Friday, September 19, 2008

Finished another one!!!



Actually I finished the quilt top about a year ago, but I just had it quilted a few weeks ago and it's already gone to a new home...



That's my Mom and I gave her the quilt as a "house warming" gift. She says that she really loves it and it will look really pretty in her new home. Don't look at the fever blister that she has, poor thing always gets them when she's sick and she's had an upper respiratory infection. Yesterday was 6 months since my Dad died and although she will always love and miss him, I think that she is doing good. Mom has gotten more involved in church, with friends and local activities. She says that she's happy and knows that there are still "firsts" to get through, but she'll be fine. We had a great day yesterday, even though she was still getting over being sick. I bought some fabric (I'll show it later) for a rag quilt for a nephew and a fall quilt for my bed...lol...I'm running out of room here!

Well off to work so that I can afford to quilt...you all know how that is...don't ya?!?!? Oh and if anyone cares the fabric for the quilt shown above is Civil War Anthem and the pattern is Vicksburg by Bonnie Blue Quilts.

1 comment :

Mad about Craft said...

That's a really beautiful quilt! I love the colours, soooo me!